Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
The place of work at Kent Building Supplies is friendly and diverse. We are dedicated to the idea of equal opportunity in employment follows and to provide a space free from harassment and discrimination for all staff members, applicants, and clients.
- Internship · Entry level
- 1,001-5,000 employees · Retail
About the job
Are you looking for to work in a fast-paced, friendly workplace where you can grow your career and your knowledge? Are you up for the challenge to enhance our clients’ overall experience by providing the best solution as a reliable partner?
For our Kent location at 871 Rue Du Developpement, Tracadie-Sheila, E1X 0J6, we are now seeking a Cashier.
Working with our computer system, this position involves interacting with customers and managing all transactions accurately and efficiently. You have to enjoy dealing with people if you want to be a successful cashier at Kent. Your regular customer interactions will influence if people choose to buy at Kent due to their overall pleasure.
We are looking for candidates who are available to work flexible shifts: workdays, evenings, and weekends.
What you will do in Kent:
- Provide excellent customer service,
- Handle customer transactions using cash registers,
- Operate scanners and credit card/debit card terminals,
- Collect payments from customers, and bag purchases.
- Keep the checkout area neat and orderly. Maintain front end department merchandise.
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards.
What you will bring:
- Strong communication, time management, and time management skills;
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Experience as a retail cashier is an asset;
- Ability to handle moderate physical demands, including standing for eight hours and lifting medium-sized items if necessary.
- Strong mathematical skills and fundamental computer system knowledge.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer satisfaction-oriented.
What we offer:
- An workplace that is safe to work
- Incentive plans
- Employee discounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Plans
- Possibilities for growth and promotion
- Scholarships and Bursaries