Canva, publishing, Graphics, Collaboration, Web Design, and Design are Canva’s primary areas of focus. Their company involves offices in Chaoyang, Makati, Austin, and Sydney. They have a large staff of between 1001 and 5000 individuals. Canvas has already raised $242.85 million in investment; their most current round finished in September 2021, estimated at $40 billion.
About the team:
We are looking for photographers to work with our internal Canva/Smartmockups team as a contractor. We are interested in starting an association with an opportunity to continue collaborating on up to 3–4 short-term shoots yearly (each shoot lasting around 1-2 days). We are looking for freelance photographers who can take on assignments from a list of creative briefs that we constantly publish. At Smartmockups, we assist people and organisations from all over the world in producing content that looks good. Our online mockup tool is available from any location at any time, and it comes complete with a fantastic mockup collecting and simple to use design tools. The simplest way for showing your designs on real items is using Smartmockups.
Experience in Canva
• Commercial photography
• Product photography
What you’ll do:
• Collaborate closely with the Canva/Smartmockups team during the pre-production stage.
• Tasks include but are not limited to:
• casting the appropriate models
• booking the appropriate studio/location
• securing signed model/property releases when applicable
• booking relevant creative collaborators when appropriate (i.e. hair and makeup artist, fashion stylist, etc.)
• sourcing relevant props
• managing a budget and keeping track of expenses
• meet production deadlines
How the process works:
• The Canva/Smartmockups team will provide creative briefs, and you will be taking photos in accordance with those briefs and the technical specifications.
• You’ll then submit a more polished set of images, selecting only the best photos for each layout.
• Upon the approval of photos by the Canva/Smartmockups Team, submit the invoice along with the official receipts for all expenses for processing.
What you’ll need:
• An online portfolio showcasing your product and/or commercial photography
• Proven experience and examples of promotional and product photography
• Skilled with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom or other similar post-production software
• Have a good command of English
• Own your own photography equipment in order to execute assigned photoshoots
• Have the ability to take creative and art direction from the Canva/Smartmockups Team
• Have a strong eye and experience shooting images with style variations
• Have the ability to source talent and secure necessary releases (model release, property release, etc.)
• Ability to manage production within the allotted production timeline
• Proven ability to deliver fresh, relevant, high-quality photographs
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.