A concrete worker is responsible for mixing, pouring, and finishing concrete on construction sites. They may also be required to do some demolition work, such as removing old concrete surfaces. Specific duties include measuring, mixing, and pouring concrete into forms, consolidating and finishing the surface using a variety of tools; installing reinforcing materials such as steel rods or mesh; cutting and patching openings in cured concrete; reading blueprints and following instructions from construction supervisors.
- Salary: 2800
- Salary Currency: $
- Payroll: MONTH
- Date Posted: 2023-05-03
- Posting Expiry Date: 2024-08-03
- Employment Type : FULL_TIME
- Hiring Organization : Louis International Manpower Services
- Location: Postal Address, Unit 257, 2nd Floor, City land Pioneer, 128. Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong, New Zealand
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the layout of projects.
- Prepare and measure material for construction projects using hand tools and power tools
- Mix cement, sand, gravel, and water to create concrete for pouring and spreading.
- Install metal reinforcement bars in structures to increase their strength and stability.
- Place forms for pouring concrete and check them for accuracy before concrete is poured.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with concrete and related equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and diagrams.
- Physical strength and stamina to perform manual labor and operate heavy machinery.
- Good hand-eye coordination and attention to detail.
The salary for a concrete worker in New Zealand varies depending on experience and location. According to payscale.com, the average hourly wage for a concrete worker in New Zealand is NZD$23.10 per hour. This can increase to NZD$31.00 per hour for more experienced workers.