A crane operator is responsible for operating various types of cranes to lift, move, and position heavy in construction sites, industrial settings, ports, or other work environments. They ensure the safe and efficient operation of the crane, following strict safety protocols and regulations. Crane operators play a crucial role in completing construction projects and facilitating the movement of heavy materials or equipment. Male and Female both candidates can apply for this job. Recently, a mining company in New Zealand named Downer is looking to hire crane operators on an attractive salary package of $30 hourly with other incentives and facilities by the company.
- Salary: 30
- Salary Currency: $
- Payroll: HOUR
- Date Posted: 2023-05-17
- Posting Expiry Date: 2024-08-10
- Employment Type : FULL_TIME
- Hiring Organization : Downer
- Location: Postal Address, Downer New Zealand, 130 Kerrs Road, Wiri, Auckland, 2104, New Zealand
- Operate different types of cranes, such as mobile cranes, tower cranes, or overhead cranes, according to job requirements.
- Safely lift, move and position heavy loads using the crane;s controls and mechanisms.
- Conduct pre-operational inspections to ensure the crane’s safety and functionality.
- Interpret and follow work orders, signals, and instructions from supervisors or ground crew.
- Secure loads properly using rigging techniques and attachments.
- Valid crane operator certification or license, recognized in New Zealand.
- Prior experience as a crane operator is preferred, with a demonstrated track record of safe and efficient operation.
- In-depth knowledge of different crane types, their functinos, and operating procedures.
- Familiarity with various rigging techniques and the ability to secure loads properly.
- Strong understanding of safety regulations and the ability to follow them strictly.
The salary of a crane operator in New Zealand can vary based on factors such as experience, location, and the type of crane operated. As of 2023, the average salary for a crane operator in New Zealand ranges from NZD 50,000 to NZD 80,000 per year. However, these figures are approximate and can vary depending on the specific circumstances and the employer offering the position.