Star Aviation is a small Australian company that covers both major and regional ports. Star Aviation, which was established in 2012, has grown into one of Australia’s most interesting and dynamic ground handlers.
Our management team thinks that success is dependent on our people as they represent not just Star Aviation but also our valued clients. We have a headquarters in several states and have over 300 highly qualified employees.
Our teamwork delivers a solution that is precisely customised to our client’s needs, and it is matched by a clear commitment to provide the high level of service needed. We provide our clients with creative, effective, and dynamic ground handling services that offer cost-effective solutions for their business, with safety as our top value and a continual improvement mindset.
- Part-time · Entry level
- 501-1,000 employees · Airlines and Aviation
About the job
The most dedicated ground handling service provider in Australia is Star Aviation, that interacts with 19 airlines at 9 airports across the entire nation. We take enjoyment in being big enough to handle while still being intimately little!
No two days will be the same for you as a customer service officer at Sydney International Airport, where the responsibilities involve providing outstanding customer service and helping passengers with a smooth check-in procedure. You will put the needs of the customers at the very core of every requirement because you are the “face of the company” to clients and travellers.
You will work 20 to 38 hours per week on a shiftwork plan in this permanent part-time position.
It will be important for you to be able to work shifts which may begin as early as 2:30 am and last as late as midnight at 12:00 am. There is parking nearby.
In this role, which is paid according to the Airline Operations Ground Staff Award, you could anticipate to make between $25,000 and $50,000 a year.
Key responsibilities of the role Star Aviation:
- Deliver check-in services in the correct manner on behalf of Star Aviation and its airline clients.
- Ensure that you operate in a safe environment and exhibit that you understand the health and safety rules and regulations.
- Check bookings and issue boarding passes.
- Educate passengers about airport security procedures and luggage allowances.
- Safely direct passengers to the correct gate for their flight.
- Represent both the Airline and Star to the highest level, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of all equipment and assets.
- Carry up public address jobs at the boarding gate in accordance with our client’s requirements.
- Complete passenger marshalling tasks while maintaining a secure environment in line with our client’s needs.
- Offer services for controlling baggage.
- Communicate with travellers about baggage that was lost.
- Administrative duties in action.
Skills and Experiences:
- Ability to successfully carry out all duties to a high standard of customer service.
- Clear communication and solid interpersonal skills.
- A current driver’s licence and a private car.
- Desirable: Aviation/airline industry experience.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritising, and deadline-meeting abilities.
- Customer focus to give exceptional service.
- Manual handling techniques.
- Conflict resolution abilities.
- Capability to work well in a fast-paced team setting.
- Adapt to changing priorities and conditions.
- Intermediate expertise with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent writing skills in simple and understandable English for reports.
A dynamic Australian business provides structured ongoing competent training and development, employee rewards initiatives, and an opportunity to work in a close-knit family the atmosphere. You’ll also have access to savings and benefits from an extensive range of companies, like SpecSavers, Contiki Holidays, Hello Fresh, Koala Furniture and many more, in the travel, retail, leisure, and other areas.