Sun Peaks Resort a four-season recreational spot, is situated in the center of beautiful British Columbia. With over 4,000 acres of skiable land, 12 lifts, and 135 trails with 17 gladded areas, we are Canada’s second-largest destination resort. During the summer, we also offer over 40 km of maintained hiking and alpine sightseeing trails, a lift-accessed bike park with 1952′ of vertical drop, an alpine ascent, and a fully equipped 18-hole golf course. The following opinions act as a foundation for our decisions and actions at Sun Peaks Resort as well as for how we interact with our workers, visitors, and community on a daily basis
- Full-time · Internship
- 501-1,000 employees · Recreational Facilities
About the job in Sun Peaks Resort
Have you ever thought about working at a top-notch mountain resort with amazing people all around you? Do you like to go hiking, biking, or golfing in your spare time? A full-time, year-round, dedicated Journeyperson Electrician is required for our maintenance team. With guidance from your manager or supervisor, you will work independently with little monitoring, focusing on your experience and judgment to plan and complete daily maintenance and construction targets. Lift electricians assist with start-up, monitor lift operations, and respond to issues and emergencies during the operational season of the winter and summer. They are busy working on necessary maintenance and special initiatives during downtime. Fill out an application if this sounds like the ideal location for you to work, live, and play.
Heavy, work activities may involve handling loads more than 20 kg; Working environment includes indoor and outdoor settings
- Maintain a high level of focus for safety at all times by immediately finishing every duty given by the electrical supervisor or department manager.
- Perform installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting work on a variety of equipment around the whole resort.
- AC and DC drives and motors should be maintained and troubleshot.
- Experience with PLC and communication distributions maintenance and troubleshooting is a plus.
- Understanding and follow to all provincial and federal electrical codes and regulations that relevant to this profession.
- Show the greatest regard and respect for SPRLLP management, employees, coworkers, and visitors at all times.
- Mentoring and training of apprentices
- Keep a tidy, orderly, and secure workplace.
- Keeping solid records of your job.
- Keep detailed records and good track of your job.
- Adhere with all SPRLLP rules as specified in the most recent Employee Handbook.
- Keep an up-to-date knowledge of any changes to pertinent corporate policies, SOGs, Manufacture recommendations, bulletins, codes, and regulations.
- Assist with maintenance scheduling, shift assignments, and record keeping; in the absence of the electrical supervisor, assume responsibility for the electrical crew.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Electrical Red Seal Certification from Canada.
- Experience with passenger conveyors and passenger ropeways before, or courses in lift maintenance at Selkirk College: Lifts 151, 152, and 153, which are referred to as the Surface Lifts, Fixed Grip Ski Lifts, and Detachable Grip Ski Lifts, may be finished after the Start Date.
- Yearly submission of an abstract and a valid driver’s license
- Willing and able to work outside in any weather
- Abilities working at heights
- Excellent interaction and communication abilities, as well as the capacity to work well with others.
- Ability to drive 4×4 trucks, ATVs, and snowmobiles safely and responsibly
- Strong familiarity with the B.C. Safety Standards Act, the CSA-Z98 code, the Electrical Code, and the requirements for Elevating Devices
- A solid knowledge of the newest and most recent Work Safe BC regulations
What you expect from us
The culture at Sun Peaks Resort supports both individual initiative and teamwork in order to give our visitors the best skiing resort experience attainable. We value innovation and development that support business success and individual development. We also recognize that you have a life outside of work and promote work-life balance, which includes taking advantage of resort living and the summer and winter activities on the mountain.
Some benefits for our permanent employs to enjoy
- Entire access Passes for lifts, tracks, and golf in the winter and summer
- Dining saving at our hotel and resort outlets for three weeks.
- Benefits pack including additional wellness elements, such as an EFAP and a Health Spending Account
- Eligibility for our ‘Pay for Performance’ incentive bonus program, which rewards our top performers following the qualifying period.
- Taking part in the matching DPSP and RRSP methods
- Discounts at stores worked by resorts
- Schemes of cooperation with connected resorts and hotels
- Hotel prices for closer friends and family
- Opportunities for continuous professional development