Taipei European School British Primary Section is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Music Teacher to join our primary team.
About the job
At Taipei European School, teachers are held accountable for maintaining the highest standards for achievement and behavior while prioritising the education of their pupils. At Taipei European School, teachers exhibit a strong sense of morality, are self-critical, possess extensive subject expertise, collaborate with parents for the benefit of their students, and have an understanding about their respective fields.
- To implement child-centered learning, classroom organisation, the learning environment, display resources, and child expectations into the teaching of music to all students in the school, with a focus on the Early Years and Key Stage 1.
- To assist the subject leader in managing the music curriculum, planning, evaluating, recording, and tracking the growth of children as well as the subject in general, and consulting with colleagues as necessary.
- Why to keep Taipei European School as a top FOBISIA centre of excellence and to make sure music is a vital part of the school
- To assess student work and assess progress all through each year group by using the school’s current methods for assessment and developing new ones as necessary.
- Using music, to support and promote parental involvement in the school’s activities.
- To assist the director of the music department and other expert with planning the dance, performing arts, and musical performances that will take place at the school, such as over assemblies and year group performances.
- Find out opportunities to introduce music to new audiences, such as the general population.
- Offering up visits and other opportunities for kids to learn about music with the help of outside organisations.
- To help the British Primary Music Subject Leader plan musical-related events, including nearby and globally competitions.
Candidates must have a B.Ed., a PGCE, a PGDE, and an appropriate amount of experience. It would be highly helpful to have prior experience working in a mainstream international school with a Western educational background. You must be a certified instructor who speaks fluent English and is a strong communicator. We are searching for someone who is passionate about the learning experience of children and who will totally take part in the life of our school.
Safer Recruitment in Taipei European School
The Taipei European School is committed to safeguarding and improving the welfare of children and is an equal opportunity the place of work. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of efficient hiring processes with a focus on child protection, in line with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. Any job offer is dependent upon receipt of current and prior police checks, two supervisory references, including the current employer.
If this opportunity interests you, please fill out our online application form, where you will also be needed to add your CV and a Covering Letter explaining your experience and enthusiasm for the vacancy. Your submission should include:
• A fully filled-out application form and a supporting statement.
• A CV and a cover letter.