Calvary, the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary established Calvary, an independent, not-for-profit, Catholic healthcare institution, in 1885.
Our goal is to offer the most vulnerable people, specifically those who have reached the end of life, of excellent quality, compassionate healthcare.
We have a nationwide system of 14 public and private hospitals, 72 residential care and retirement communities, and 19 community care service centres with over 18,000 employees and volunteers.
A REALLY AWESOME Place to Work
We provide outstanding, integrated care that promotes our patients, residents, and clients in all that we do.
Calvary offers flexible career paths in a variety of professions, including management, leadership, mission, allied health, hospitality, and ICT.
About the job
- One of Australia’s largest health care providers continues to progress with a purpose.
- Advance your professional life with payment structuring, benefits, and a supportive team environment.
- Become a part of an interesting team at Calvary Riverina Private Hospital.
About The Role
You will be in the position of giving patients comprehensive, secure, and holistic care after surgery as a registered nurse in the unit for post-surgical care. In accordance with Calvary and applicable Government Health policies and procedures, the Registered Nurse is in charge of giving patients with safe, appropriate, and effective medical care within each unit, providing direct care to specific patient population.
Your main duties will include
• Performing patient evaluations with a patient-centered and holistic approach.
• Early recognition and action in the appearance of patient deteriorating.
• Encourage a culture of patient safety, quality, and ongoing improvement.
- AHPRA Registration.
- A minimum of two (2) years post graduate nursing experience and recent Acute or Critical Care Nursing experience.
- Ability to work unsupervised, proficiently, and in an organised manner during times of high demand and activity.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- A desire to work in a mission-based organisation and be a part of a group committed to helping people.
For further information please contact email
Why work for Calvary?
As one of Australia’s significant healthcare providers for public and private hospitals, residential aged care, and home care, join our team, learn with purpose, and make a difference.
We provide an inclusive and accepting atmosphere where you are respected and may draw on your distinctive skills, identity, and background with a team of experts who care for our patients, residents, and clients. We have over 130 years of experience and 18,000 staff members and volunteers.
• Paid parental leave.
• Discounted health insurance and gym memberships.
• Training, development, and career possibilities.
• Flexible hours that fit your requirements.
Joining us is your opportunity to learn with purpose and drive positive impact to our community in a stimulating work environment. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here:
For more information;