Genuine Parts Company founded in 1928, this company is a global service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts. This company distributes automotive replacement parts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australasia, France, the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and Portugal. Genuine Parts Companyhttps://www.genpt.com
- Full-time · Entry level
- 10,001+ employees · Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing
- Actively recruiting
In Genuine Part Company order to pick up, transport, and deliver freight in a safe, timely, and effective manner, an over-the-road driver must deal various tractor-trailer combinations for extended periods of time, over long distances, between company or customer facilities, terminals, yards, or work sites. Over the Road Drivers drop, hook, spot, or otherwise interchange equipment for loading or unloading at various locations under various circumstances as part of this role. Transportation’s Hours of Service Regulations apply to over-the-road drivers in the United States Department.
- Perform all duties in accordance with genuine part company policies and procedures.
- Understands and carries out instructions given orally and in writing, including those bills of lading and other shipping documents to determine the location and time of delivery.
- Safely operate tractor trailer equipment in different configurations as assigned, with varying weights as allowed by law, local laws and regulations as well as company policy
- Frequently communicates with Dispatch, in person or by way of telephone, in order to advise of movements, problems with equipment, cargo, delays, etc.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for the secure and safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)
- 2 years CDL experience