Maple Leaf Foods is accepting applications for a general farm worker in Canada, selected candidate primary responsibilities involve various tasks related to the day-to-day operations of a farm. He will participate in planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops, as well as tending to livestock if applicable. General farm duties may include operating and maintaining farm machinery, irrigation systems, and other equipment. If you have a strong work ethic, enjoy working outdoors, and have a willingness to learn various aspects of farm work, the role of a General Farm Worker in Canada could be a fulfilling opportunity.
Responsibilities of Job:
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with all areas of production including the feeding and general care of pigs, maintaining herd health and environment for pigs, pressure washing and preparing rooms, as well as general maintenance, cleaning and clerical duties including but not limited to maintaining door charts, inventory trackers, ordering feed and medication. This position requires the candidate to be part of a team working towards specific production goals, while adhering to health and safety policies and procedures, and following MLAF SOPs regarding the humane treatment of animals under our care.
- Willingness and ability to learn; strong team and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Positive work ethic and attitude, attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to lift 25kg
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to get to and from work located in a rural area is required
- Weekend, holiday hours and alarm attending are required on a rotational basis
- Experience in hog production would be considered an asset
If you wish to grow with us, please apply now and become a part of Maple Leaf Foods. To apply for job of farm worker| Maple Leaf Foods, please use Apply Now button. It will redirect you to official registration form. Once you are on registration portal, sign in yourself and submit your application by filling all required details. You will also need to upload your updated CV and relevant documents. Finally, follow instructions provided to complete the application process. Good Luck!
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Location: Horizon Sow (Dinsmore, SK Area) Canada
Type: Full Time
Salary: $16.00 Per Hour