Maple Leaf Foods at 643 Speedvale Ave. W., in Guelph is accepting applications for a shipper/receiver within our prepared meats plant which specializes in Lunches, snacking, & charcuterie products. As a shipper/receiver in Canada, selected candidate primary responsibility is to manage the movement of goods within a warehouse or distribution center. He will be responsible for receiving incoming shipments, inspecting and verifying their contents, and recording the details. Efficiently and accurately organizing stock in designated areas is crucial, and he’ll use inventory management systems to track product levels. As a shipper, he’ll prepare outgoing shipments, ensuring proper packaging and labeling. If you have a keen eye for detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced logistics environment, the Shipper/Receiver position in Canada might be an excellent fit for you.
Responsibilities of Job:
- Pre-operational inspections, operation, and shutdown of all related equipment for efficient and safe operation (i.e., Forklifts, Counterbalance, Motorized walkie, Pump cart, Scanners)
- Thorough, accurate, and neat completion of forms form.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures for product components and packaging materials (i.e.; FIFO procedures)
- Load and receive trailers (live load from the line) and inventory counting
- Employees will be required to complete aptitude testing (reading comprehension, written communications, numeracy)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Heavy lifting, frequent pulling, twisting, bending, and standing for long periods of time is required
- Safe and proper operation of MHE
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to record and document accurate information
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility which may include wiping, sanitizing and sweeping
- Computer skills are required
- Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team Members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others).
- Actively participates in their work group.
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks.
- Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities (i.e.; keeps up with production requirements, prioritizes and organizes effectively)
- Employees must pass MHE Certification Training (Forklifts, Pump cart, Motorized walkie) including the theoretical & practical portions
- Employees will receive the necessary training and will be required to complete an evaluation prior to being eligible for the position and or the higher category rate of pay
- The successful candidate will be required to utilize our warehouse management system for the purposes of receiving and shipping products in our warehouse.
- The candidate will be responsible for handling all applicable receiving and shipping paperwork and from time to time, will prepare the required paperwork either by hand or computer.
If you wish to grow with us, please apply now and become a part of Maple Leaf Foods. To apply for job of Shipper/Receiver 509 | Maple Leaf Foods, please use Apply Now button. It will redirect you to official registration form. Once you are on registration portal, sign in yourself and submit your application by filling all required details. You will also need to upload your updated CV and relevant documents. Finally, follow instructions provided to complete the application process. Good Luck!
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Location: 643 Speedvale Ave. W., in Guelph
Type: Full Time
Salary: $20-21CAD/ hour