Metlifecare more than 7,000 New Zealanders can take advantage of fulfilling lifestyles and excellent care thanks to Metlifecare, a leading owner and operator of retirement villages in New Zealand. We offer a variety of unique villages and care facilities across the entire nation.
Our objective is to provide our residents remaining living experiences. The foundation of what we do and why we do it is around their care, comfort, and welfare. At this point, Metlifecare is going through rapid growth and change. The opportunity to join the Metlifecare family, advance your career in a growing and significant sector, and make a difference to the creation of extraordinary living experiences for New Zealand’s retirees is now offered thanks to new ownership and our ambitious and exciting five-year strategy.
- Full-time · Entry level
- 1,001-5,000 employees · Hospitals and Health Care
About The Role in Metlifecare
We’re looking for a truck driver to work out of our Ellerslie laundry operation. This is a part-time position supporting our commercial laundry operation that delivers laundry to two Care Homes in the Waikato and other Care Homes in Auckland. You will be able to take on occasional duties as a laundry assistant when needed, provided there are vacancies. The laundry driver shift goes from 4am to 2:30pm, and as it is a Monday through Sunday operation, you might be asked to help out at any time. When you are available, this would be perfect for your lifestyle. There is no need for a heavy vehicle licence; all that is required is a Class 1 licence and a perfect driving record.
The Fantastic Things You’ll Be Doing
- Drive the laundry truck efficiently and safely, pick up dirty laundry, and deliver clean laundry on time.
- Deliver shipments carrying personal laundry to a place selected by village managers.
- When necessary, assist with basic laundry tasks such as folding and placing linen.
- Performs essential car maintenance, such as fueling and checking the water, oil, and tyre pressure. routinely
- Inform your manager of any car faults and damage.
- In accordance with developed operating protocols, appropriately document and report occurrences, accidents, and damage.
- Checklist for vehicle audits should be finished as soon as possible.
Previously said, you don’t need a permit for driving an enormous truck; all you need is the ability to drive with confidence, to be in good health, to be flexible with your timetable, and to enjoy interacting with a wide range of individuals. We can provide you with training and stability in the form of a job with flexible hours.
You just need to be mentally and physically confident behind the wheel, flexible with your availability, and enjoy connecting with a wide range of people. As previously mentioned, you do not require a heavy vehicle driver’s licence. We can train you and give you security in the form of a job with flexible hours.