Awanui is terms for APHG. Some wonderful people; and some outstanding service. Awanui is the top human and veterinary pathology network in Aoteaora New Zealand. Northland Pathology, Labtests Auckland, Taranaki Pathology Services, Southern Community Laboratories, Wellington SCL, Medlab South, and Gribbles Veterinary Pathology are a few of the companies that Awanui uses to deliver these services. We contact with over 25,000 individuals each day in our communities thanks to our 25 laboratories, 2,100 workers, and more than 150 collection center’s spread across Aotearoa.
- Full-time · Entry level
- 1,001-5,000 employees · Medical and Diagnostic Laboratories
About the job
Since 2009, Labtests, a business unit of the Awanui Group (formerly known as APHG), provides pathology services to the Auckland community. This is done mainly through our network of 58 collecting centres and a cutting-edge lab located in Mount Wellington.
To work from Monday through Saturday, we require a full-time and a casual medical courier driver. In order to pick up and deliver laboratory specimens from our 58 collection centres and Medical Services, we have a fleet of more than 70 vehicles and 35+ medical courier drivers.
About the role in Awanui:
- You will pick up samples from the wider Auckland area and deliver them to the laboratory in Build Wellington as a medical courier. Additionally, you will transport store items to our 58 collection centres.
- Monday through Friday will be the full-time workweek, with a rostered Saturday shift from 7 am to 5 pm.
- A casual work needs availability for at least two to three days each week between the times of 7 am and 5 pm, Monday through Saturday.
- The public-facing nature of this position can be demanding at taxing. In order to succeed, you need to have good customer service skills, be personable and compassionate, have a can-do attitude, and be really dedicated to service delivery.
You need the following skills to succeed in this position:
- A full Class 1 NZ drivers licence.
- A perfect driving and criminal history.
- Having the physical fitness to lift 15-20 kg.
- Able to find work in New Zealand.
This is an ideal job for you if you are independent, enjoy driving, value excellent customer service, and want to work on a team that actually improves the quality of healthcare services.