T&G Global, we help people across the world grow healthier futures. Our story began 125 years ago as Turners and Growers.
Our team of 2,000 staff members, who have offices across 13 nations, develop fruit and works in collaboration with more than 1,200 makers to market, sell, and distribute healthy fresh produce to customers and buyers in more than 60 countries. We achieve this as kaitiaki, guided by kaitiakitanga. It means that, as guardians of their future, we handle the land, individuals, food resources, and community with the greatest of care and respect.
About the job
About T&G Global
T&G Fresh has provided generations of Kiwis with fresh fruit and vegetables for over 125 years. Fresh food from our own orchards and farms as well as from over 1,200 other Kiwi growers is grown, packed, promoted, sold, distributed, and exported by us.
Do the Mahi, Be Bold, One Team, and Take Care are our values of choice. These mindsets are represented by our gifted team members, who are driven to grow T&G.
About The Opportunity in T&G Global
- A Permanent Full-Time Storeperson is required to join our Hamilton Nightshift team. The typical working day for this job is 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Sunday through Thursday. If it interests you, there’s additional days and times available.
- Your primary responsibility will be picking out, prepare, and distribute fresh produce as ordered.
- Accepting charge of the night shift duties and making sure everything is smoothly will be part of this function. Working with a supportive team in a quick-paced developing will be your experience. You’ll have wonderful opportunity to study, grow, and improve your talents.
- Previous experience in a Stores/Warehouse environment (preferred)
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred, However not essential
- Fork-lift driving experience with valid licences & an OSH certificate (preferred)
- A current and valid NZ Drivers licence (minimum of restricted)
- Previous experience using SAP is desirable and basic computer skills
- Good attention to detail
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- A keen, willing and positive attitude
- Physically fit and comfortable with lifting up to 25kg
If you don’t have all of the above skills or experience but have a great attitude and you want to learn and develop new skills, we want to speak to you. You will need a reasonable level of fitness, as you will be on your feet for most of your shift and lifting up to 25kg.
Regardless of our similarities or differences, we want T&G to be a place where everyone is accepted, respected, and celebrated for who they are. We must work together to establish a diverse and dynamic workplace where everyone can be themselves and thrive.
Our starting point began more than 125 years ago as a fruit auction company in Auckland called Turners and Growers. Today, as T&G, our delicious, fresh produce nourishes people in more than 60 different countries. Growing healthy futures is something that connects us.