Empowering Learning, an expert in teacher hiring and training, was established in 2003 and conducts business nationally as well as internationally. In addition to training, we provide a superb, specialized recruitment service. We discover well chosen, skilled individuals for schools, ranging from temporary staff used on a daily basis to permanent head teachers and positions of administration.
- Full-time · Entry level
About Empowering Learning
In Empower Learning Croydon the English department of a school is looking for a Secondary curriculum English teacher to teach in Key Stages 3 and 4. The teacher will be based in Croydon and work with SEMH pupils. She will teach small classes of students with low academic ability who need both academic and social development. You will also be required to manage the department’s teachers and act as their manager. A class has 5–6 students and 1–2 Teaching and Learning Support Assistants. The school is a therapeutic institution which encourages appropriate behavior and promotes calm. Depending on their ability in KS4, they are learning at lesser levels and some at the appropriate levels.
- Plan, manage, and evaluate outstanding instruction and learning using proven methods that help students learn.
- As a class tutor, see it that pastoral needs are satisfied and build powerful connections with the staff members who work with children’s parents or caregivers.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the department every day, set an example for the staff members, and support them all.
- Motivate and engage students.
- Encourage pupils, colleagues, parents, and other professionals to have faith and confidence in you.
- Promote the larger goals and values of the school and cultivate a sense of collaboration among colleagues and in the classroom.
- lead kids in off-site enrichment activities or take part in full school events as dictated by the head teacher’s plan.
- Make sure you adhere to all precautions for safety, which includes conducting annual safety training, such as induction training.
- The specialized school with a Croydon area address. They are a specialized institution that assists kids in showing their strengths and skills via therapy and activities.
- The students are referred from all local borough surrounding areas; the school is a secondary school.
- For the purpose of to ensure the students’ accessibility, the school has grown stronger.
- Candidates must be motivated, educated, or willing to learn in working with SEND and have the training to work with pupils one-on-one and in small groups.
You Must Have
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with students with SEND.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An extensive knowledge of the specialty subject area and how to teach it.
- QTS / QTLS
- Leadership skills