General Electric, often referred to as GE, is an American-based multinational conglomerate firm. Thomson-Houston Electric Company and Edison General Electric Company joined and founded it in 1892. General Electric has a long tradition and has worked in a variety of fields, including digital technology, aviation, healthcare, power generation, and more. In order to make sure that time, money, quality, EHS goals, and all customer objectives are achieved during the execution of site work on Hydro Power Station projects; the Mechanical Fitter will play an essential part.
Work for this site-based role is largely based in New Zealand, however travelling to Australia and other foreign countries may be required.
- Carrying up mechanical fitting work for GE Hydro Service Oceania projects in accordance with GE guidelines and contractual obligations.
- Ensure all the safety and environmental management plan is followed when offering services.
- Ensure that the project execution and quality plan is followed when providing services.
- Ensure that the GE regulations and policies are followed on the projects that have been assigned to given you.
- Put procedures in place that reduce hazards and stop unsafe behaviors.
- Tell us of any EHS incidents.
Qualifications and Experience for General Electric
- Mechanical Trade or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the hydropower electro-mechanical field, including. maintenance, installation, refurbishment, and commissioning.
- Outstanding safety ethic and unwavering customer focus.
- Flexible approach to all aspects of site activities.
- Willingness and ability to travel to and work on projects primarily in Australia and New Zealand, with the potential for other overseas projects as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication abilities.
- The capacity to operate in a collaborative environment is all essential.