Mental Health Registered Nurse at Serco Australia, selected candidate primary role involves providing compassionate and specialized care to individuals with mental health needs. He will work within a healthcare team to assess, plan, and implement mental health interventions, collaborating with other professionals to ensure comprehensive patient care. His responsibilities include conducting mental health assessments, administering treatments, and offering emotional support to patients. Documentation of patient progress and adherence to clinical protocols are essential aspects of the role. If you are dedicated to making a positive impact on mental health outcomes, this role offers a meaningful opportunity to contribute to the well-being of others.
Responsibilities of Job:
- You will be an integral member of an experienced multi-disciplinary health care team providing a range of high-quality evidence-based mental health services to patients.
- You will undertake intake assessments, risk assessments, crisis intervention, case formulation, and medication management, as well as extra support services as required.
- Additionally, your management of crisis presentations, risk assessment and risk management planning will be supported within a multi-disciplinary team and by the Senior Mental Health team for your region.
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Current unconditional and unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse in Australia with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN); OR minimum qualification of Graduate Diploma Mental Health Nursing; OR undergraduate trained Mental Health Nurse (UK); OR trained and registered as a Psychiatric Nurse / Mental Health Nurse.
- Minimum of 2 years full-time (or part-time equivalent) Post Graduate experience in mental health in a primary health or specialist mental health setting undertaking comprehensive mental health assessment and delivering a range of evidence based ‘Focussed Psychological Strategies’ as defined under the Medicare Schedule.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID009) certification.
- Knowledge of relevant State/Territory policies and procedures and national standards governing mental health practice (desirable).
- Knowledge of the ADF Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2018-2023 (desirable).
- Recent participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities in accordance with AHPRA with a minimum of 10 hours directly related to mental health.
Rewards & Benefits
- Be part of an amazing culture, based on the values of trust, care, innovation and pride
- Gain access to Global Employee Networks that embrace diversity and inclusion
- ‘Start with a job and stay for a career’ with extensive employment and growth opportunities across Serco’s many contracts
- Meaningful work supporting defence personnel
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Referral Programs
- Paid annual and personal leave
- Paid CPD leave for permanent employees
- Paid volunteer leave and leave for reservists
- Provision of uniform
- Variety of lifestyle discounts through the Serco Benefits program including discounts with Apple, Qantas, Hoyts Cinemas and more!
- Plus, ongoing 24/7 immediate mental health and counselling support via our Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Join a dedicated team of collaborative and supportive health professionals.
If you wish to grow with us, please apply now and become a part of Serco. To apply for job of Mental Health Registered Nurse, please use Apply Now button. It will redirect you to official registration form. Once you are on registration portal, sign in yourself and submit your application by filling all required details. You will also need to upload your updated CV and relevant documents. Finally, follow instructions provided to complete the application process. Good Luck!
Location: Queensland, Australia
Type: Part Time