Spartan Controls is the top provider of technology and solutions for industrial automation, valves, measurement, and process control. Spartan has been providing customers high performance systems for automation, industry knowledge, lifecycle support, and technical training for more than 60 years, giving them the value they demands. All process industries, including oil and gas, oil sands, mining, pulp and paper, power, pipeline, and municipal, use our automation solutions. We are dedicated to offering excellent client experiences where expertise and collaboration come together, and we have expert resources living and working in 14 cities across Western Canada. We are a Canadian company that is employee-owned and has been working on projects in a number of industries. We are in a position to connect our customers with outstanding technology, great technical expertise, and broad lifecycle services because to our partnership with Emerson and other top solution suppliers.
- 1,001-5,000 employees
About the job
A Fort McMurray-based Account Manager is being hired by Spartan Controls to service significant Oil Sands Producers. This is your opportunity to join a customer-focused, long-term value-driven, entrepreneurial business with a culture and values that promote both business success and success for customers and Spartans. The selected applicant will need a minimum of experience in the field and an understanding of the Oil Sands Mining and Upgrading Industry, its operations, and the specific challenges it faces. You will show that you are able to utilise your team successfully to utilise the whole range of automation technologies and solutions that are available from Spartans, all the while delivering first-rate customer service and outcomes that are quantifiable. You will build strategic solutions for our customers and develop plans that are in keeping with their initiatives. Success in this role requires customer validation of computerised support, delivering value, setting a good example, performing as a team player who develops and enhances business partnerships, and taking responsibility for achieving organisational goals.
Role and Responsibilities in Spartan Controls
- Experience in the Oil Sands Mining and Upgrading Industries would be regarded an Asset.
- Engage effectively with all levels of our sophisticated Customers’ organisation.
- Focus on providing value and support that meet and exceed Customer expectations. Projects, operations, maintenance, and engineering.
- Understand and express client demands and company strategy/initiatives to ensure Spartan’s constantly leadership in creating and delivering innovative automation solutions.
- Effectively use planning tools like SAP and Customer Relationship Management software.
- Build and maintain strong, long-term relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Develop account leadership through strategic account planning and development.
- Manage a Spartan account team which is laser-focused on increasing customer loyalty.
Qualifications and Skills
- Broad knowledge of instrumentation and process control automation.
- Lifelong learner with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly effective at establishing long-term relationships.
- Experience in negotiating win-win contracts and making presentations.
- Entrepreneurial work ethic.
- Experience with consultative front-line sales activities required to maintain and grow business.
- Deep understanding of the Oil Sands Mining and Upgrading Industries is preferred and considered an asset. Strong ‘Customer First’ position. B.Sc. in Engineering or graduate from an approved Technological Institute.
- Ability to stay up with the developing automation landscape, covering data management, networking, IIOT, advanced control, etc. Creative thinker with the ability to take sensible risks and a willingness to innovate.
- Planning and execution of projects or turnaround times would be advantageous.
- Three years or more of experience in sales or sales management.