San Leandro, Canada is searching for a highly experienced and enthusiastic individual to join their team as a Senior Librarian. As a Senior Librarian, you will lead and oversee the library’s operations, including collection management, staff coordination, and community engagement. Selected Candidate role involves developing and implementing library programs, managing resources, and ensuring a welcoming environment for patrons. If you have a passion for literature, excellent organizational and leadership skills, and a commitment to promoting literacy and community involvement, San Leandro, Canada encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities of Senior Librarian:
- Provides reference and information assistance to library patrons; locates books and other materials; instructs and assists patrons in locating information.
- Materials utilizing a variety of media including the Internet.
- Develops, plans, organizes and directs the implementation of specialized programs and services.
- Supervises, schedules, trains, recruits and monitors staff and volunteers in accomplishing a variety of library services.
- Provides program support to staff and activity operations.
- Directs and participates in the cataloging, classification and indexing of books, documents, pamphlets, media, records.
- Supervises activities of the public service desk; designs and implements workshops for the public; and
- Performs other duties as assigned. For detailed information about the job classification, visit: Senior Librarian.
Eligibility Criteria for Senior Librarian:
Experience and Education Guidelines: Any combination equivalent to experience and education that would most likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Graduation from an American Library Association accredited college or university with a Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Services degree.
Experience: Four years of increasingly responsible experience in the areas of adult, youth and children’s program development and collection development, community outreach programs and technical processing. Supervisory experience is highly desired.
Procedure to Apply:
If you wish to grow with us, please apply now and become a part of San Leandro, Canada, at job of senior librarian, please use Apply Now button. It will redirect you to official registration form. Once you are on registration portal, sign in yourself and submit your application by filling all required details. You will also need to upload your updated CV and relevant documents. Finally, follow instructions provided to complete the application process. Good Luck!
Salary $8,546.00 – $10,388.00 Monthly
Location San Leandro, CA
Job Type Full-Time
Department Library Department