ChargePoint electric mobility is becoming a reality as electric vehicles are expected to account for about 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040. In North America and Europe, ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the centre of this development, powering one of the biggest EV charging networks In addition to offering an extensive selection of mobile, software, and hardware solutions for all charging needs. To make e-mobility a reality on an international level, we bring together drivers, companies, automakers, legislators, utilities, and other stakeholders. Since its founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused entirely on making switching to electric for companies, fleets, and drivers easy.
- Senior Manager, Mechanical Design Engineering
About the job
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an entirely electric future and a trillion-dollar market is being offered by ChargePoint. At ChargePoint, we make an effort to maintaining our principles of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome with the goal to create an enjoyable and productive place to work. These values guide our daily interactions as we align and cooperate to create a better future for all of us. Make a mark on how people and products will move about for generations to come by join the team that is building the EV charging industry. Check our Engineering Blog to learn about further what it’s like to work to develop the future fueling network.
What You Will Be Doing
A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join the Mechanical Design Engineering Team. You will be a driving force for innovation and help in developing the future of electric vehicle charging as a member of the MDE team.
The senior mechanical design engineer is going to be personally involved in ChargePoint’s development and design of products. We are looking for a confident, friendly engineer with a solid manufacturing history, including design for manufacturing, design for cost and assembly, supplier production tooling development, and an established track record of creating excellent goods in cross-functional teams.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is needed to join the Mechanical Design Engineering Team. You will be a driving force for innovation and help in creating the future of electric vehicle charging as a member of the MDE team.
The senior mechanical design engineer is going to be personally involved in ChargePoint’s product design and development. We are looking for a confident, friendly engineer with strong manufacturing background, including design for manufacturing, design for cost and assembly, supplier production tooling development, and an established track record of creating excellent goods in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate technically in English with design teams based in the USA and the United Kingdom.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in a mechanical engineering job; • Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or another closely related field.
- Strong working knowledge of the following: injection moulding, CNC machining, sheet metal, aluminium die casting and extrusion, cosmetic part finishing, and mass production processes.
- Proficient in CAD with at least 5 years of UG NX experience. Self-starter who feels comfortable managing multiple parts and various phases of the product design process all at once.
- The ability of picking up fresh abilities fast and work outside of your comfort zone.
- The capacity to examine and improve 2D designs, including an awareness of the tolerances associated with various production processes and GD&T.
- In addition, the ideal candidate would have expertise in the following design fields.
- Design of high-power systems and links (up to 1 kV & 500A).
- Outdoor electromechanical products that are ruggedized (IP protection).
- Design of cooling systems and liquid and air-based thermal solutions.
- Choosing materials that comply with functional and legal standards.