Mitre 10 has been a Since 1974,an institution in New Zealand’s culture of home improvement. Mitre 10 is a real Kiwi success story that is fully owned and run in New Zealand and has a national network of stores. Since Mitre 10 is a brand that many New Zealanders have grown up with and wholly trust, it has been recognized as the most trusted brand in home improvement retailing in the country. Knowing we are a locally owned cooperative that contributes a great deal to the communities in which we operate gives people assurance about us. Although having a similar name, we are totally distinct from the Mitre 10 organisation in Australia.
Cafe Columbus New Plymouth
One of the biggest chains of cafes in New Zealand is Columbus. All year a long time, the Mitre 10 Mega New Plymouth location is busy, and we take great pride in our superior customer support.A experienced chef is needed to join our motivated and talented professional team.By joining the team at Mitre 10 MEGA New Plymouth, you can contribute to our continued success.
What do you stand to benefit from?
- Social times without night shifts
- A significant staff discount package
- Several additional advantages, such as a paid holiday for your birthday
- Potential monthly bonuses
- footwear sponsorships
- gym and VTNZ discounts
- benefits of long service leave
- Life insurance plan for staff
- You have the chance to play a key role in a proudly Kiwi-owned and run independent cafe in this position.
Who you are?
- You’ll develop the ability to multitask, maintain control under pressure, and understand the value of exceeding customers’ expectations.
- You will be well-versed in every aspect of kitchen health and safety and possess an excellent knowledge of the food control plan.
- When preparing cabinet food and menu items, you will contribute creativity, ability, and experience.
- You’ll be a team player that is motivated to contribute your knowledge and experience.
- You’ll be a fantastic communicator and team player.
You will have at least 2 years previous experience in a similar environment
- That position is supported by the head chef and cafe manager.
- It is a permanent full-time and is offered every Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. A 32-hour workweek
- Although the fact that we are searching for an experienced chef, the candidate who is selected will also receive Columbus Training and be required to continue with technical training.