Fonterra are a Co-operative create and own by Aotearoa New Zealand dairy farmers. Their rich history is built on farming families working together to share the natural goodness of their dairy with the world. Collaboration, innovation, and passion was the cornerstone of our creation and something we continue to value today through our commitment to care for the land, our animals, and every drop of milk. They are seeking a commercially oriented and driven individual to take on the role of dairy farm worker as a Beef Development Manager on a 12-month fixed-term contract (Flexible on location). The focus of this role is to grow the calf rearing industry by implementing strategic initiatives that enhance economic viability of calf readers, facilitate industry expansion and optimize the value of dairy beef animals. If you are interested, they invite you to send your application.
Key Responsibilities of Dairy Farm Worker:
- Develop profitable archetypes for running rearing businesses, taking into account different operational variables.
- Explore innovative options to address financial challenges faced by calf rearers.
- Redefine the commercial model for calf rearing, focusing on risk-sharing, investment in genetics and calf welfare.
- Collaborate with AgBiz to establish them as experts in calf rearing, reinforcing their role in supporting industry growth.
- Develop strategies to reduce costs for small-scale rearers and new entrants while encouraging growth.
- Partner to create detailed guides for new entrants on setting up profitable calf rearing businesses.
- Work with industry stakeholders to promote calf rearing as a viable career path and facilitate matching between rearers and farmers.
- Investigate options to increase access to financing, such as sustainability-linked loans and sharemilking models.
- Develop a best-practice standard for calf rearing that prioritizes both calf welfare and optimal growth for beef production.
- Integrate the best-practice standard into broader industry frameworks like the Animal Wellbeing Plan and the Co-operative Difference Framework (CODOF).
- Identify knowledge gaps in calf rearing and prioritise research and development efforts in collaboration with industry partners.
Eligibility Criteria for Dairy Farm Worker:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering strategy and executing complex projects at a senior level.
- Proven expertise in agriculture, specifically in programmed management, strategy development, and market analysis.
- This role requires a visionary leader who can drive innovative solutions, build collaborative relationships, and make a tangible impact on the future of calf rearing.
- You must be proactive with second-to-none communication skills and an ability to effectively engage with people from all parts of the industry.
- You will need to be resilient, thrive by creating structure amongst ambiguity and have excellent attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of the dairy industry and Non replacement calves-related challenges.
- Exceptional negotiation skills and a solid track record of managing stakeholders of various levels.
If you wish to grow with us, please apply now and become a part of Fonterra, at dairy farm worker of Beef Development Manager, please use Apply Now button. It will redirect you to official registration form. Once you are on registration portal, sign in yourself and submit your application by filling all required details. You will also need to upload your updated CV and relevant documents. Finally, follow instructions provided to complete the application process.
Location New Zealand
Type Full Time
Salary 25-30 NZD per hour