OceanaGold is a global producer of gold; it is dedicated to the most significant levels of technical, environmental, and social performance. Delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities as well as considerable shareholder profits has permitted us to make a difference to industry excellence for more than 31 years.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connect communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
About the job
Follow the Open Pit Maintenance Supervisor’s instructions concerning the safe and effective maintenance, repairs, and servicing of all mining machinery and auxiliary plant/equipment while under the control of the open pit maintenance workshop. To ensure that maintenance and repairs take place in a way that is both cost-effective and high quality, act with extreme professionalism at all times.
• Daily checks, repairs and maintenance of the field’s plant and equipment, particularly the mining fleet.
• Attending as well as fixing issues with the auxiliary plant and mining fleet.
• General maintenance and repairs to all mining, support, and related devices.
• When necessary, routine upkeep (refuelling and lubrication) of the mining and support equipment.
• Simple fixes for the ancillary plant and mining fleet’s electrical systems.
• The planned replacement and repair/rebuild for mechanical parts.
• On the work order job cards, note and report the usage of all components, parts, G.E.T., and other resources.
• National Certificate in Automotive Heavy Engineering, Plant and Equipment Level 4 or 5, or equivalent (recommended), or other qualifications from a related industry Trade.
• Advantageous but not necessary abilities includes First Aid, Forklift, Overhead Crane, Rigging and Slinging, Work at Height, etc. to relevant NZ standards.
• Current, complete, and spotless drivers the need for a licence and manual vehicle ability to drive.
• Field service experience with large mining excavators, trucks, drill rigs, graders, dozers, and other ancillary equipment; strong diagnostic and problem-solving abilities; and the ability to quickly locate and carry out high-quality repairs on any faults.
Additional Information of OceanaGold
• Work for an international gold mining business
• Full subsidised Southern Cross Private Medical Insurance + Benefits
• Lifestyle Roster – 7 days on, 7 days off (Days & Nights)